2012 is getting off to a seriously good start here at PGA Catalunya…
In an influential new ranking of European golf courses by Top 100 Golf Courses Online, PGA Catalunya has been crowned as Spain’s Number One.
The Stadium Course was also ranked third in the league table of Continental European courses, and was one of only two Spanish clubs to feature in the top 20.
“Although the southern Costas continue to be popular for the weather, those in search of the Best Spanish course should head to Barcelona and the Costa Brava region,” commented Top 100 Golf Courses editor Keith Baxter. “The Stadium course at PGA Catalunya Resort has finally knocked Valderrama from the Spanish top spot.”
This most recent accolade is just one of a series of awards for PGA Catalunya:
- World Top 100 Golf Courses 2011 – Golf World
- Continental Europe Top 100 Courses 2011-12 – Golf World
- Top 50 Courses of Continental Europe 2011 – Golf Monthly
- Best Three Courses in Spain – Today’s Golfer Travel Awards 2012
In naming our Stadium Course as the Number 1 golf course in Spain, Top 100 Golf Courses Online Andy Newmarch added: “It was a tough decision, however, the growth in popularity of the resort and its commitment to provide the very best facilities were strong assets.”
“The improvements PGA Catalunya Resort has made year-on-year to its practice and training facilities have definitely taken it to the next level – and that is recognised in our rankings.”
Andy Newmarch also commented that the European Tour Qualifying School Final Stage wouldn’t have returned to the same venue for four successive years if it didn’t provide the best facilities. And with European Tour officials and players agreeing that PGA Catalunya Resort’s new short game area and upgraded driving range are among the best practice facilities in Europe, there is strong evidence to support its new classification.
Julio Delgado, PGA Catalunya’s Chief Executive, said: “We really couldn’t have asked for anything better to start 2012. Everyone here is delighted with this achievement which celebrates our efforts in striving to offer a truly outstanding and unique golf experience.”
He added: “The Costa Brava is blessed with great golf courses and it is heartening to see an increasing number of them being recognised in influential rankings and becoming top European contenders.”
To celebrate PGA Catalunya’s new Number 1 ranking, we have launched the Ultimate Golf & Gastronomy break which offers guests the chance to play at Spain’s Number 1 golf course, experience the country’s best restaurant (El Celler de Can Roca), and watch one of the world’s best football teams, FC Barcelona, in VIP style at the Camp Nou.
The Ultimate Golf & Gastronomy package* starts from €395 per person, based on two people sharing a room and includes:
- Two nights’ accommodation on B&B basis (€37,30 extra for single-person occupancy)
- Two green fees for the Stadium Course
- Dinner at Spain’s Number 1, three Michelin-star, restaurant (and no.2 in the World) – El Celler de Can Roca. (To secure a reservation, this package must be made two months in advance. Drinks not included.)
- Supplementary VIP tickets to an FC Barcelona match at the Nou Camp. (FC Barcelona Gold VIP tickets available on request and subject to availability. Charged separately at varying costs).
* This offer is subject to availability and confirmation from the resort, and cannot be combined with any other offer.
For enquiries and reservations, please call + 34 972 47 25 77 or email: email@example.com